Coordinators: Susan and Clarence Hightower
(936) 435-0221 (713) 301-5426 Chightower1@msn.com
Hispanic Contact: Imelda Isaias (936) 295-4732 (936) 355-2576 firstname.lastname@example.org
Student (936) 291-2620 email@example.com
Ministry Mission Statement:
The lectors have the mission of proclaiming God’s Living Word by sharing the life contained within the first and second scriptural readings with the community during the celebration of the Holy Mass. This sharing is to be done in a thoughtful, reverent and inspiring manner, delivered with clarity and conviction. The congregation’s responsibility is to listen and mirror this thoughtfulness and reverence.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
- Arrive 20 minutes before your assigned Mass and check in. If you are not scheduled,check in the Sacristy and make sure the assigned people have checked in.
- Before Mass, dedicate some quiet reflective time in prayer seeking God’s blessing and studying all the readings of that day so that you may appreciate and communicate the Message of the day’s Liturgy. Learn the correct pronunciation of unfamiliar names, words, and terms.
- Dress AppropriatelyBehave in a dignified manner at all times.
- Be friendly with all congregants before, during, and after mass.
- Find a replacement if you are unable to serve as scheduled.
- Be ready to assist even when you are not scheduled if the need arises.
- Read in a thoughtful, reverent, paced and enlivened manner that engages the congregation and encourages understanding and reflection of the Meaning of the Word.
Approximately 30 members overall in ministry.